A crisis can have costly consequences, either in terms of reputation damage, loss of market share, plunging stock price, harmed employer branding, declining goodwill from politicians, and the list goes on…
Some crises can be appropriately anticipated, others are unpredictable. However, all crises can be prepared for. Professional crisis communication starts with ‘crisis preparedness’ – be it an exhaustive crisis communication plan which anticipates different scenarios, or the preparation of a specific case, such as an upcoming lawsuit or a collective lay-off. With our professional help and advice, organisations are better prepared to deal with such challenging situations. Our approach is based on two principles: while we reckon every situation to be different, we rely on proven communication tactics to successfully deal with crises.
Many issues which may lead to a crisis can be identified and appropriately managed in advance. ‘Issues management’ prevents issues from becoming a crisis, by means of issues monitoring, early-warning tools and pre-emptive initiatives towards stakeholders.
However, certain crises cannot be avoided, such as exceptional natural disasters or terrorist attacks. Other type of crises might even be initiated by a conscious internal decision, such as a collective lay-off or a radical shift in a corporate strategy. In every instances, Synergy provides crisis management, based on decades of experience. Our Crisis Hotline guarantees 24/7 standby.
The impact of a crisis largely depends on how one deals with it. Expert advice and professional support is the best insurance you can get.
OUR CRISIS & ISSUES MANAGEMENT SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Crisis preparedness
- Crisis manuals
- Simulation exercises
- Issue mapping & risk analysis
- Crisis and issue management with a specific expertise in:
- Social issues & change management (restructurings, social conflicts, …)
- Corporate transactions (mergers, acquisitions, …) & shareholders issues
- Industrial risks & accidents
- Environmental, health, safety, security & local community (‘Not In My Backyard syndrome) issues
- Consumer related issues (health, safety & security issues)
- Public affairs related crises & issues
- 24/7 standby
- Monitoring, issue tracking & early-warning
- Set-up of tailor made crisis communication tools, including dark sites, mass communication via SMS, call centres